Revolution "software" to black listed nations

kee nethery kee at kagi.com
Sat Apr 8 23:11:18 EDT 2006

I'm no lawyer and I don't play one on TV and even if I was a lawyer,
which I am not, I am not hired to be a lawyer for anyone on this
list. That said ...

In my humble opinion, the US state department embargo list applies to
software produced in the USA. If you are in the USA, it makes no
difference what kind of software you have, you cannot do business
with anyone in those embargoed countries period end of discussion.
You could have your software sitting on a server and it might get
downloaded by someone in one of those countries, and in general,
unless you are posting generalized encryption software it does not
matter who downloads it. But you cannot sell it to them nor deliver
it to them.

In you are outside of the USA, the state department embargo rules do
not apply, RunRev is not a USA country.

In my humble opinion.

Kee Nethery