Revolution "software" to black listed nations

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sat Apr 8 21:53:06 EDT 2006

Has anyone studied out carefully the issue of shipping Rev stacks to
countries on the US state department embargo list?  These being
currently (found in many typical EULA's)

"Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, military or
police entities in South Africa, or any other country to which the
United States has embargoed goods.

Would there not be a difference between

1) the Rev IDE which give users tools to build software.
2) a standalone which does not.

in terms of the embargo? Where do we find the precise definition of
"software" that should not be shipped to these countries?

Could a Standalone be conceived of as a "product" of software, like a
PDF is a Product of Acrobat, but not Acrobat itself. I mean I can't
imagine Adobe is breaking laws when some North Korean downloads a PDF
from the web. Similalry, I'm wondering, if somone downloads a
standalone application built with Revolution if this is a violation
of the embargo or not.

Sivakatirswami