Revolution is very slow to refresh fields. How can I speed it up?

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sat Apr 8 14:09:23 EDT 2006

Hi Robert,

>  If I am running a process of 100 loops and my bar is 200 pixels, then
> I want to update for each step. However, if my process runs 10000
> loops, then updating for each step is pointless since the bar will not
> visibly move and updating every 50-100 steps will do.

Maybe this is just a morning when I can't get it.

But unless your handler is hard-coded to the specific loop or makes a
runtime decision on whether to update every 50 steps, every 100 steps,
or some number in between, I see no way the position of the progress
bar can accurately reflect the percentage of task completion in all
circumstances.

What I posted was generalized logic that calculates the number of steps
required to move the progress bar one pixel, regardless of the width of
the bar.  That is the minimum steps required before resetting the
thumbPosition is visually manifested on the screen.  Anything more
produces "jerkier" movements.

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company