Revolution is very slow to refresh fields. How can I speed it up?

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sat Apr 8 12:03:22 EDT 2006

Alex & Geoff,

> You don't need to know how many ticks it takes.

OK, I'll bite: just how does one set the end value of the scrollBar if
one does not have an idea of how many loops or how many ticks the
entire process will take?

Suppose, for example, one is downloading a file.  Changing the
thumbPosition every fixed number of ticks means that after x tricks the
progress bar will have the same setting regardless the file size (eg: a
5MB file download will show exactly the same progress as a 10MB
download or a 100MB download).

Also, how does one know the progress bar won't get completely to the
end well before the process is completed?

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company