creating my own tools palette

Mark Schonewille europe at ehug.info
Sat Apr 8 07:28:20 EDT 2006

Hello Oakes,

I made my own tools palette for in the Rev IDE. It contains many
small script that I use every day. Since it is for my own use, I
didn't add any fancy graphics. Just a few buttons with cryptic
names.

If you are a true newbie, I'd just start learning the scripting
language before trying to make a tools palette. It is nice if
you can build an interface with buttons and graphics, but it is
useless if you haven't learnt how to bring it alive, yet.

Now, if I haven't convinced you yet... Sure, you can use any
graphics programme to create icons for your tools palette.
Anything from ColorIt! to PhotoShop will do.

First set up your tools palette with the buttons and scripts you
need. Then design at least two icons for each tool. Save the
icons and import them all into the mainstack of your project.
Now you can set the icon of each button. Set the hiliteIcon of
each button to a slightly darker version of the icon.

If you want you can also set the style of a tool to checkbox and
use a different icon for the armed state (set the showName to
false). That gives a useful effect.

That's it.

Mark

--

Consultant and Software Engineer
mailto:m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
http://www.economy-x-talk.com

eHUG coordinator
mailto:europe at ehug.info
http://www.ehug.info

Advertise with us and reach 1000 truely interested internet
users every month. See http://economy-x-talk.com/advertise.html
for more information.