Not getting it

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Apr 8 04:40:42 EDT 2006

On 4/8/06 8:01 AM, "Robert Sneidar" <bobs at twft.com> wrote:

Hi Robert,

> I know I must sound the newbie, but I read the following in the
> tutorial:

> Start of work with Valentina

> You have to set external references for the stack first. It could be done
> using "Stack Property Inspector". Here you just need  to define the path to
> the V4REV_win.dll and(or) to the V4REV_Macho depends on OS target you  wish to
> use.

> In order to start you should initialize Valentina with the help of
> Valentina_Init() function. It could be done in "on openCard" event, for
> example.

> To do this you should make the following:
> € Choose "Edit Card Script"  from the card popup menu.
> € Write the following text:
> on OpenCard
>
>    get Valentina_Init( 10 * 1024 * 1024  )
>
> end OpenCard

> What specifically, do you MEAN by, "You have to set external
> references for the stack first"? What external reference, and why??

Actually this is question about REVOLUTION itself.

You use REVOLUTION IDE. Valentina is not part of Revolution. As well mySQL,
Postgre, ...

To be able use Valentina, mySQL, Postgre you need some EXTERNAL.
(i.e. plugin)

If you work on Windows this is V4REV_win.dll
If you work on MAC this is V4REV_Macho

To be able see plugins which a stack need you MUST specify reference to
required external.

This was for ever. In Metacard and in Revolution.
I believe this should be described in the docs of Revolution.

--
Best regards,

Ruslan Zasukhin
VP Engineering and New Technology