bugs

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Sat Apr 8 03:21:38 EDT 2006

On Apr 7, 2006, at 12:02 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:

> To be fair, Geoff had a smiley in his post, so I think he deserves
> some slack cut here. But I can think of several scenarios where this
> will fail.

You are of course correct -- it was intended humorously. That said, I
was also trying to point out that at a fine enough granularity, code
_can_ be bug free.

But now you have me doubting myself: how could this fail?

There is the obvious possibility -- the developer could forget to
include the answer dialog when building an app. But I don't think
that qualifies as a bug in the code. You could get a date format
you're unfamiliar with on a computer set to a different nationality
than you expect, but that would still be a valid date, which is all
the single-comment spec calls for.

So tell me what could go wrong? ;-)

regards,

Geoff