dreamhost and Rev CGI?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Apr 7 23:45:12 EDT 2006

Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Why is it I see more people who don't know how they got subscribed to
> Rev lists than I've ever seen on any discussion list in 20 years?
>
> Does Rev have some 6-point nanosquint type on their download form that
> says they'll subscribe people unless they say not to? (always a had
> choice to have a loss of control over the customer's in-box be the default)
>
> Or does the company somehow attract a disproportionate number of people
> suffering from a severe memory disorder?

The latter, I think. I just visited the trial download page. There are
two checkboxes there, one to join the announcement list, the other to
join the use-rev list. Neither are checked by default. They are located
directly under the place where you enter your email (required to get a
temporary license key.)

The only way people can be subscribed here is if they clicked that
checkbox on purpose. I vote for memory disorder.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com