dreamhost and Rev CGI?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Apr 7 20:18:40 EDT 2006

Dan Shafer wrote:
 > OK, here's my INTERIM report.
 >
 > I no longer get a report in my log file about the missing GLIBC file.
I take
 > that to be good news.
 >
 > BUT (isn't there always one of those?), I cannot for the life of me
get my
 > simplest CGI to execute. I keep getting the dreaded "unexpected end of
 > script headers" error that basically means nothing useful. These CGIs all
 > work on my local installation on OS X Apache, so I'm guessing there's
some
 > mysterious configuration problem at Dreamhost that I don't grok yet.

Actually I think that might be good news, depending on what your system
log reports. Take a look in there. The "end of headers" thing is almost
always a problem with your script, not the installation.

One main thing that goes wrong when moving scripts from an OS X box to a
Unix box is that you may not have converted the line endings to Unix.
Use BBEdit to do that before you upload the script file.

Check permissions, too.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com