dreamhost and Rev CGI?

Dan Shafer revolutionary.dan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 19:38:03 EDT 2006

OK, here's my INTERIM report.

I no longer get a report in my log file about the missing GLIBC file. I take
that to be good news.

BUT (isn't there always one of those?), I cannot for the life of me get my
simplest CGI to execute. I keep getting the dreaded "unexpected end of
script headers" error that basically means nothing useful. These CGIs all
work on my local installation on OS X Apache, so I'm guessing there's some
mysterious configuration problem at Dreamhost that I don't grok yet.

I'm sending a note to Dreamhost support but my experience with them on stuff
that goes beyond "why is email not working?" is that they're not always very
helpful.

At Dreamhost, you don't have a separate folder for cgi-bin files. CGIs are
in the same folder with all the rest of your stuff, so I don't think it's a
pathing issue. But who knows? I spent too much time on this already today.
I'll let you know what they say if they say anything.