[Ticket#: 2006040510000641] Re: [OT] Articles to read

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Apr 6 22:00:32 EDT 2006

On 7 Apr 2006, at 02:51, Dan Shafer wrote:

> Garrett......
>
> Bugzilla IS reporting it to support. What I think you might mean to
> say --
> and I agree, by the way -- is that it ought to be easier to report
> these
> things. Bugzilla is over-engineered in my opinion. I've been forced
> to use
> it on a couple of systems and always found it way too cumbersome.
>
> OTOH, if what you meant was, "I should just be able to send an
> email to
> support and tell them this is broken and then they should fix it,"
> I can't
> agree. Bugs reported with little specificity and no recipe for their
> replication can be very hard indeed to identify, let alone squash.
> But you
> know that, of course.

In the case of the bugs I mentioned, you'd have to blind and in a
drug induced haze not to spot them! Some of them occur on an hourly
basis!

If you had written a stack that had a bug in it like the colorization
problem, would you really need to sell it to someone before you
realized that there was a problem?

Anyway, all this is getting us nowhere. All I want is for RunRev to
be more popular. I hate bitching about stuff like this, but every
once in a while I get to boiling point, it's 2.58 am and I've been at
it since 8:30 this morning. I'd reckon that at least an hour of this
was wasted due to the points I mentioned plus a couple more that I
just can't be bothered to mention now.

I'm off to bed. Night All!

All the Best
Dave