[Ticket#: 2006040510000641] Re: [OT] Articles to read

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Thu Apr 6 21:31:38 EDT 2006

J. Landman Gay wrote:

> Alex Tweedly wrote:
>
> > However, as David says, that isn't the real problem. Sometimes, the
> > script editor opens a script with the "Apply" button already enabled,
> > and closing that window - without ever clicking anywhere within it -
> > will give the dialog.
> >
> > Now created as BZ 3503, with a stack attached that reliably (on my PC)
> > demonstrates the problem.
>
> Excellent. I hope they can reproduce it. Unfortunately I just
> downloaded and tried your example stack on OS X and it doesn't happen
> here. It may be that the bug only happens when the IDE is in a certain
> state. If that is true, it will be hard to find.

The plot thickens ....

this happens when I edit the script by   Ctrl-Alt-Hover over the button
(i.e. using Jerry's Inspect Gadget).

If I edit it by either
   switching modes and right-click-menu / edit script
or
  using application browser

then it does not happen (immediately).

However, even in these latter cases, if I press and release the Ctrl key
(cursor is not in the script window, no other key is pressed, no mouse
click or movement - JUST the Ctrl key pressed and released), then the
script is marked dirty.  (So the case of using Inspect Gadget is
probably the same issue, because the Ctrl key is released after the
editor starts up).

That happens in both 2.6.1 and 2.6 - but does NOT happen in 2.5