[Ticket#: 2006040510000641] Re: [OT] Articles to read

Dan Shafer revolutionary.dan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 21:01:08 EDT 2006

Jacque.......

Your comment below sort of astonished me. With all the reported issues with
2.7, and earlier comments here that you can't expect every possible
variation to be tested (which is certainly true), I find it interesting that
you believe (or know?) that the Rev team uses the Rev IDE "daily." My
*impression* has been that they don't use it all that much, that most of
their time and attention is focused on writing (presumably) C/C++ code to
work on the engine. Changes to the IDE *other than bug fixes* have been
pretty infrequent relative to engine changes of late.

If you're right, then it's both encouraging (because they're obviously going
to find some stuff in the IDE that bugs them enough to fix it even if it
isn't in Bugzilla) and discouraging (because we keep finding so many things
in the IDE that bug us!)

(I don't encounter bugs in the IDE much because I use Constellation for
virutally all of my development work thee days, dropping back into the Rev
IDE only when I have to, which is becoming less and less the case.)