[Ticket#: 2006040510000641] Re: [OT] Articles to read

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Apr 6 19:41:00 EDT 2006

Hi,

Ok, a bit more on the Colorization bug and the Spurious Save Dialog.
I just did this:

Opened a script, some of the colorization worked but not all, e.g.
comments were colored, but words like "if" were colored but things
like "me" were not.

I selected Colorize, the apply button was disabled.

I hit a handler from the left had display of handlers to take me to a
handler I wanted to look at and the apply button was enabled. I
didn't type any text or click anywhere in the script body.

Now, I suppose that "colorizing" a script *might* need to be
"applied" but the button didn't enable at this point. If I open the
script and select colorize and then close the window, I  don't get
the dialog. If I open the script, select colorize and then click on a
function in the script body, not via the handler list, the apply
button is not enabled. It's only when I select via the handler list.

There are other situations when this happens and they are difficult
to spot, the worst one is when the Apply button is enabled as soon as
the script opens.

incidentally, if I do save the script and then re-open it, the
colorization has gone again!

There seems to be a number of bugs here, generally the problem is
that the Script Editor loses track of when a script is dirty.

All the Best
Dave