Windows and the Taskbar

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Thu Apr 6 17:03:23 EDT 2006

Ken Ray wrote:

>>If I have one main stack open, the taskbar shows 3 or more separate files;
>>one for the main stack, one for the toolbar and anonther for the tools
>>palette?
>>

>Actually, your palette shouldn't have an entry in the Taskbar, nor should
>any windows whose decorations are set to empty... but other than that I
>don't know a way to remove the entry for a 'normal' window from the
>taskbar...

The problem I find with the windows and task bar in Rev (IDE) is that
the windows are "semi-"independent.

With the IDE open, and one main stack open - 2 task bar icons
Iconize the stack - still 2 task bar icons
De-iconize it - still 2 task bar icons
Iconize the IDE main window - the main stack is also iconized, *but
there's now only 1 task bar icon*
De-iconize it - the IDE opens, and a *new task bar icon appears* for the
main stack, so now 2 task bar icons

I find that all rather confusing - but trivial compared to the annoyance
that I can't raise/lower/focus  windows using the usual key shortcuts; I
really hate it when a script editor window gets trapped beneath other
windows, and I have to shuffle the other windows  around (or close them)
until I can click somewhere in the editor window.