Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Thu Apr 6 11:18:25 EDT 2006

All:

> put the imageData of image "picImage" into tBits

I asked this question before, and I still haven't gotten to the point
of testing:

Why does everyone choose the imageData of the image instead of its text?

 From Rev Dictionary:

"The imageData, unlike the contents of the image container, is based on
the picture as it’s presented on the screen, not stored in the image
object. This means that if you resize an image, the content of the
image does not change, but its imageData does. If you create an image
and then reduce its size, its imageData reflects the scaled-down,
displayed image, not the original full-scale image. If you create a
second image and set its imageData property to the imageData of the
original image, resizing the first image back to the original
dimensions displays the original image at full resolution, but resizing
the second image does not, because setting its imageData transferred
only the scaled-down version of the original."

I read this to say, "If you want to retain the original contents of an
image, store its text NOT its imageData."

What am I missing?

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company