Revolution for enterprise SAP-style applications?

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Wed Apr 5 13:51:48 EDT 2006

Hi Russ,

I wrote my first inventory/accounting system in Basic in 1977 on a
64K CompuColor... and have written several since. =)

I am writing a Rev app using a remote MySQL server that uses PHP
middleware on the server, it is fast and solid and a great
development environment even for a Rev noob like me, I would highly
recommend it.

My only obstacles are that I am just learning Rev, so things are
going slowly, and don't have much time to put into it... but
everything I finish works fast, reliably, and is easily configurable.
I can do in 20 minutes what it takes a Ruby on Rails expert an hour
or two to accomplish.

I would recommend Rev over RealBasic because you can instantly test
without compiling.

(I chose not to rely on the Rev built-in database commands, but
instead just use the LibURL command to pass values back and forth to
PHP scripts...)

Anyway, IMO Rev makes a wonderful front end for a MySQL system.
Better than a browser based system.

For your content control system, check out WebMerge http://
www.fourthworld.com/products/webmerge/index.html it will save you
some coding!