networking tutorial ?

Phil Davis davis.phil at comcast.net
Mon Apr 3 12:15:52 EDT 2006

Hi Marty,

Maybe it's understood as a given, but no one has mentioned studying what
the docs say about sockets. Sockets are basic to communication between
Rev stacks/apps running on different machines. Please pardon if this is
all old news... but for the sake of newbies who may not be aware, I
continue. You can learn about Rev's networking support by reading what
the docs say about:

COMMANDS:
   open socket (note the 'with message' option on all of these)
   read from socket
   write to socket
   close socket

MESSAGES:
   socketClosed
   socketTimeout
   socketError

FUNCTIONS:
   openSockets

PROPERTIES:
   socketTimeoutInterval

I think the docs are always a good place to start.

Thanks -
Phil Davis