New custom control available -- windowshade

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Mon Apr 3 04:16:37 EDT 2006

I don't know what to call the thing. I've seen them called
navigators, and accordions. I'm calling it a windowshade, since
that's what it reminds me of. It's that control that displays a set
of titles, each of which is like a separate tab. You click on any of
them and the rest slide out of the way to show you the controls on
that pane of the control.

You can have a quick look by using this in the messagebox:

go stack url "http://www.inspiredlogic.com/windowshade/windowshadec.rev"

You can also download a zip file at:

http://www.inspiredlogic.com/windowshade/windowshadec.rev.zip

The stack contains sliders and buttons and a field to help
demonstrate, but the only control you need is the group called
"windowshade". It's self-contained. The only script is the one in the
main group.

It's ready to use -- just put whatever you want into the group
"PaneContents" in each of the panes.

You can have any number of panes, set the color of them, and the
height of their titles.

The main group accepts these commands:

-- sets the width of the whole control
set the xWidth of group "Windowshade" to <whatever width you like>

-- sets the height of the whole control
set the xHeight of group "Windowshade" to <whatever height you like>

-- sets the color of the titles of all the panes except the hilited pane
set the defaultColor of group "Windowshade" to <a color>

-- sets the color of the title of the hilited pane
set the hilitedColor of group "Windowshade" to <a color>

-- sets the number of panes
set the paneCount of group "Windowshade" to <the number of panes you
want>

-- hand it a set of titles (on individual lines). Sets the number of
panes to the number needed, and sets the titles of them to the list
of values.
set the paneTitles of group "Windowshade" to <a line list>

-- set the height of the titles
set the paneTitleHeight of group "Windowshade" to <the height you want>

-- set which pane is showing
set the hilitedPane of group "Windowshade" to <one of the panes by
number>

regards,

Geoff