Emergency

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 3 00:45:02 EDT 2006

--- Jonathan Kotthoff <jonkotthoff at clarionstl.com>
wrote:
> No matter what I do the revCopyFile command does not
> work on Mac OS
> X...I am feeding absolute paths...but on
> WIndows...there is no
> problem...
>
> I can only use revCopyFile as the put url command
> does not allow me
> to save the files as big as mine are...
>
> Help...

Hi Jonathan,

I just made a simple test stack on MacOSX, and it
worked fine.
The script was as follows:
##
on mouseUp
  -- ask the user which file to copy
  answer file "Select the source file:"
  if it is empty then exit mouseUp
  -- show the full source path
  put it into field "Source"
  -- ask the user where to copy it to
  answer file "Save a copy as:"
  if it is empty then exit mouseUp
  -- show the full target path
  put it into field "Target"
  -- now copy the file
  revCopyFile field "Source", field "Target"
end mouseUp
##

Could you give us the script that doesn't work for
you? I recall from your original question that you
were trying to copy files from within an application
bundle.
Since I could even get that to work, perhaps your
source file path is somehow not up to sniff.

Best regards,

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam Reports for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>