ODBC connection to MS SQL 2000 help needed

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat Apr 1 02:13:46 EST 2006

Ruslan-

> Mark, I am not big expert of ODBC, but I remember that ODBC have few levels
> of implementations. Some levels of ODBC do support only forward cursors.
> This is issue of particular ODBC driver.

No, it isn't. The odbc dll that ships with Runtime Revolution hasn't
undergone any changes in years. The revOpenDatabase call will *only*
open any odbc database in forward-only mode. Had to write my own
external library to get around this. PITA.

> My point of view is that it is not wise invest time into ODBC and new code
> to support ODBC.

On my planet I have real clients with existing databases. I don't
normally get to go in and tell them they need to invest in something
else in order to make my job easier or more fun.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net