AltBrower= crash dummy?

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Fri Sep 30 21:46:15 EDT 2005

Hi Thomas,

Too bad you didn't check with support at altuit.com first as it's the
preferred way to handle such problems.

Have you downloaded the latest version? Sounds like you're using and
older version of the altBrowser external, which Apple broke with 10.3.9
and later versions. There was a change in WebKit when they released
Tiger (the code by Apple which altBrowser runs on) which broke
altBrowser, and get this-- they put the change into the last upgrade of
Panther (the one you're using) as well. Thanks Apple! All we can do is
fix it, but you need the new version of altBrowser.

See the developer site for it and all the archive versions.

Also, you need to use the altBrowser external from the developer site,
NOT THE DEMO VERSION! There are different versions archived on the devsite.

-Chipp Walters
Altuit, Inc.