restart computer from within Rev

Chris Sheffield revlist at cableone.net
Thu Sep 29 15:02:43 EDT 2005

Well, since I can't get my little Unix script working like I want, it
may be necessary for me to force a reboot at the end of my
installer.  When the computer starts up again it'll run a script that
is placed in StartupItems.  And this script seems to work fine for
running the process as the root user.  Not sure how or why, since
there's not really anything special there.

Anyway, I thought I remembered seeing a command/function in Rev that
will let you do this, but now I'm not finding it in the docs.  Does
anyone know if there is one?  If not, can I do this with
AppleScript.  If so, that would probably work for me too.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Sheffield
Read Naturally