Anyone have any experience of CPlat???

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Sep 29 06:27:54 EDT 2005

>On 9/29/05 12:59 PM, "David Burgun" <dburgun at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
>
>>  Hi,
>>
>>  Thanks for this, one further questions, do you think there is
>>  anything you can do in CPlat that can't be done in RunRev, either
>>  just using standard TranScript or using TranScript coupled with
>>  External Commands?
>
>C++ is always C++   :-)

Well, yes, but you don't *need* it to write GUI's. At this moment in
time, I can't think of anything that you can do (taking into account
this is Cross Platform) in C++ that you can't do in terms of GUI
objects and control in RunRev/TranScript. I can understand that if
you have some heavy number crunching to do then TranScript will
probably be too slow and inflexible but if you put the "engine" code
into an External Command (Written in C/C++) this solves that problem.
I am doing this at the moment in a small way by implementing some
Image Transformation functions as an External Command and calling
them from a RunRev stack and it works wonderfully!

>But if you need some C++ framework then better use wxWidget

I really haven't got a clue what wxWidget is, so I wouldn't know what
is better than it!

Thanks a lot
Dave