Detecting height of dock and taskbar

Claudi Cornaz claudi.c at fiberworld.nl
Thu Sep 29 06:04:47 EDT 2005

Hi all

Is there a way to detect the height of the dock in OSX and of the
taskbar in windows.

I try to create a complete set of routines to: create open and save
documents (windows and mac).

While opening a document I want it to be completly on the screen (also
the bottomRight so it's
possible to resize the doc) and have an offset for the topLeft from
other open docs.
For this I need to know how much room to leave at the bottom for the
dock or the taskbar.
I guess I need a shell command to do this, but unfortunatly I have no
clue

I hope someone on this great and very usefull list has a solution.

Best wishes
   Claudi