Clipboard madness

Marielle Lange mlange at lexicall.org
Tue Sep 27 16:44:39 EDT 2005

> MisterX wrote:
>
>> put the clipboarddata["text"] -- contains the right information
>> while put clipboarddata["html"] -- is definitely wrong and should
>> not be
>> trusted...
>>

> In what way is it wrong?

> MisterX-
>
> Don't tell me what I did or didn't do...
>
> There's a sample stack in my RevOnline folder (mwieder) for you
> (XCopyTest) with copying and pasting data in all the various
> combinations. They *all* work just fine from here.

I had problems too.  The same situation as Xavier described. Copying
html text to clipboard within revolution, pasting it within another
application (Excel or Word). I ended up using clipboarddata["rtf"]
when I needed to copy formatted text.

No intention to revive the "hum" agressive dialog on this. My
understanding is that Mark never mentioned successful testing of this
situation... the situation is copying some formatted text in
revolution, using:

     set the clipboardData["html"] to somehtml

then pasting it into another application. The doc doesn't clearly
mention whether this can be expected to work (after all, the html in
rev is pseudohtml, not complete html).

Marielle