FTP Upload QUIT

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Mon Sep 26 20:58:24 EDT 2005

kevin-

> I used  libUrlSetFtpMode "active"
> and everything works perfectly. - THANKS

I'm really getting to hate passive mode ftp. Yes, I know the admin
security issues, but the firewall problems are an immense pain. I have
one router that is brought to its knees and has to be physically
rebooted if someone outside tries a passive mode ftp connection.
(that's a weird mixed metaphor between knees and boots) And there's a
university system I need to connect with that doesn't accept passive
connections, even though the client system doesn't natively support
active connections.

So... there's a fine freeware Windows command-line ftp client to
replace the broken one that Microsoft ships. MoveIT Freely supports
both active mode from the command line and 128-bit secure FTP. I
installed it on client systems as a drop-in replacement for the
builtin command-line tool and it does the trick for me.

http://www.stdnet.com/moveitfreely

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net