FTP Upload QUIT ???

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Mon Sep 26 08:46:18 EDT 2005

On 26 Sep 2005, at 09:19, <kevin at stallibrass.com>
<kevin at stallibrass.com> wrote:

> Well, I've now tried my script using a different webhost and the
> same thing
> happens. The first image goes up successfully, then everything
> fails with
> the same problem as before.

It's still woking here on both Win XP and Mac OS X (to a local ftp
server).

> When the image tries to load and fails, the ftp connection is not
> closed.
> This led to a rapid "maximum ftp client" message from the second
> webhost.
> The problem must be something I'm doing in REV.
>
> my script is:
>
> export image "image1" to file "C:/image1.gif" as GIF
> put "ftp:// name : pass @ myhost /image1.gif" into myURL
> put "c:/image1.gif" into myFile
> put url ("binfile:" & myFile) into tImageData
> if length(tImageData) is 0 then
> answer "no data"
> else
> libUrlFtpUpload tImageData, myURL,"uploadDone"
> end if

Do you check the status in the uploadDone handler? What do you see?

e,g,

on uploadDone pUrl, pStatus
   answer pUrl & return & pStatus
end uploadDone

How are you doing the uploads. Do you fire the script manually each
time you upload, or are you running some kind of repeat loop to
upload multiple images? (Shouldn't make a difference, but it would
probably be better to copy exactly what you're doing.)

Have you tried using "active" mode?

   libUrlSetFtpMode "active"
  (change back using libUrlSetFtpMode "passive")

Is there any other intensive activity going on at the same time as
the upload. For example, a massive repeat loop that starts just after
you issue the libUrlFtpUpload command?

Cheers
Dave