Protecting Media files in distribution

Thomas McCarthy tominjapan at excite.com
Sat Sep 24 18:24:43 EDT 2005

Specifically, Audio files.
I have a bunch of files which my program uses. I would like to keep these from being removed, changed, etc by students.
Any ideas?

In the past, I've used AudioClips, importing the files into a number of stacks and that worked ok, but...it seems to make it difficult to do something like this:
start player 1
wait (the duration of player 1/the timeScale of player 1) seconds

I could calculate the length of all the files and have a lookup table of wait times...

any other ideas for protecting media files?
multas gratias ago,
tm