Raised field question

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 17:46:38 EDT 2005

> I have more information on my previous newbie question which was:  Why is
> there a fatter border around one of the fields in my previous HC stack? How do I
> eliminate the extra width?
>
> I tried playing with "Look and Feel", traversalOn and showBorder. None of
> these had an effect. There isn't a graphic around the field.
>
> If I set the showBorder of fld "Other Phones" to false then the field appears
> raised on the background rather than sunk. Is there a "shadow up or down"
> setting or something like that I can use?

Each object has 8 color properties which dictate all of the color
settings e.g. foreColor, backColor etc. For fields with threeD turned
on, check out bottomColor & topColor which dictate the color of the
top & left borders and the bottom & right borders respectively.
Normally they just inherit the default setting from the stack, but if
you have imported a HyperCard stack, the default may not be correct.

As a matter of policy, I find it better to re-create stacks rather
than import HyperCard stacks. I can usually copy & paste most of the
scripts, but I find I get a better result by re-creating the interface
in a purely Rev stack.

Cheers,
Sarah