Newbie questions

Mark Smith masmit at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 12:35:47 EDT 2005

1. That's probably just a normal default translation from HC to rev
thing. You can change it in the property inspector for the field in
question, or by script from the message box : set the borderWidth of
fld "myField" to (number of pixels).

2. Focus, in this case indicates a selection ie. if you have clicked
on a field, or are typing into it, it will be the object 'in focus'.
The focus border is an extra border drawn around the field when it is
in focus, and you can make a field unfocusable or focusable (again,
look in the property inspector). Typically, a label field would be
unfocusable. Slightly confusingly, the actual property is
'traversalOn', so you might 'set the traversalOn of fld "myField" to
true or false' when you want to change this property.

Since I guess you're coming from HC, i'd just say, as someone who
also made that transition, that while some things in Rev can be
confusing and frustrating for the experienced HC'er, the extra power,
speed and sheer breadth of Rev easily make it worth losing a little
hair for.

Good luck!

Mark