FTP Upload QUIT ???

kevin at stallibrass.com kevin at stallibrass.com
Sat Sep 24 03:21:19 EDT 2005

Thankyou to everyone who has helped me get this far -

I see the following QUIT message when uploading an image file to my
webserver. The script works fine for text files but when it's an image, the
QUIT Message appears in my log, the file is created on my webserver but it
is empty _ 0kb)

My Webserver states that they do not generate the QUIT message so, is REV
causing this?

220 ProFTPD 1.3.0rc2 Server (Main FTP Server) [8.3.8.106] USER wash1
331 Password required for wash1. PASS <password>
230 User wash1 logged in. 257 "/" is current directory. TYPE I 200 Type set
to I PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (8,3,8,106,14,49). STOR /image1.gif
150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for /image1.gif QUIT
221 Goodbye.

For info, my script

export image "image1" to file "C:/image1.gif" as GIF
put "ftp://name:pass@ftp.somewhere.com/image1.gif" into myURL
put "c:/image1.gif" into myFile
libURLSetLogField the name of field "Logfield"
libURLftpUploadFile myFile,myURL,"uploadDone"

I've also tried the binfile form of the above with the same problem
Regards

Kevin Stallibrass