A couple of 'creating games' Qs

Eva Isotalo tinylady at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 05:45:39 EDT 2005

Hi everybody,

I am new here and am not a Revolution user yet. But I am using MetaCard
and used to be on the MC list long time ago. Don't think anyone remember
me though. :o)

Before eventually getting involved with Revolution I need a little
clarification. It has to do with game development.

1. Can Revolution handle a multi player environment?
Up to 20 players would be enough for my needs. Keeping connection
between cards and stacks. Sending information between
clients/server/clients. I have red some tuts on handeling databases
which gives a hint it ought to work.

2. Can one have a scrolling screen?
The card is larger than the visible play area. Character stays in the
middle while the rest is scrolling.

I want to send a thank you to Malte Brill for an excellent tutorial and
work on the Arcade engine.
It made me curious if Revolution may be of use to us again.