ANN: MVC primer

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Fri Sep 23 01:23:44 EDT 2005

In honor of the day when all the Noxes are Equi:

Thanks to some prodding from Richard Gaskin and Trevore DeVore I've
been spending some time putting together a system of Events and
Observers. I started out with the classic Model-Viewer-Controller
construct from Smalltalk, but ended up with a much more Transcript way
of looking at the message passing.

I've uploaded the MVC primer to my user space (mwieder) on RevOnline.
The MVC implementation is all in the MVC substack. You can make any
object into a Controller with one line of code. Registering a Viewer
is also done with one line of code, and making an object into a Viewer
is a matter of adding a single handler. The last card in the stack is
an example of a throttle-gearbox-tachometer combination implemented
with Viewers and Controllers which are completely decoupled from each
other.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net