Clipboard madness

Lynch, Jonathan bnz2 at cdc.gov
Thu Sep 22 12:30:46 EDT 2005

I have a stack in which the user can copy from a field to another
program.

I scripted for this in a rawkeydown handler in the stack script. It also
required modifying ctrl-P to avoid certain problems. Here is the
relevant code:

on rawkeydown pKey
  if the selectedfield = empty then pass rawkeydown
  if pKey = 65288 and word 4 of the selectedchunk = 0 then
    set the linktext of the selectedchunk to empty
    set the textfont of the selectedchunk to empty
    set the textstyle of the selectedchunk to empty
    set the textcolor of the selectedchunk to empty
    set the textsize of the selectedchunk to empty
  else if pKey = 65289 and the commandkey is down then
    put tab into the selection
    exit rawkeydown
  else if pKey = 46 and the commandkey is down then
    put "*" into the selection
  else if (pKey = 99 or pKey = 67) and the commandkey is down then
    if the selectedfield <> empty then
      put the selection into tSel
      put the htmltext of the selection into tSelHtml
      set the clipboarddata["text"] to tSel
      set the clipboarddata["html"] to tSelHtml
      select the selectedchunk
      exit rawkeydown
    end if
  else if (pKey = 88 or pKey = 120) and the commandkey is down then
    if the selectedfield <> empty then
      put the selection into tSel
      put the htmltext of the selection into tSelHtml
      set the clipboarddata["text"] to tSel
      set the clipboarddata["html"] to tSelHtml
      delete the selectedchunk
      exit rawkeydown
    end if
  else if ((pKey = 86 or pKey = 118) and the commandkey is down) or
(pKey = 65379) then
    if the selectedfield <> empty then
      put the clipboarddata["html"] into tSelHtml
      put the clipboarddata["text"] into tSel
      put the number of characters in tSel into tNumChar
      put word 2 of the selectedchunk into tStartChar
      if tSelHtml <> empty and the shiftkey is not down then
        set the htmltext of the selection to tSelHtml
      else if tSel <> empty then
        put tSel into the selection
      end if

      put tStartChar+tNumChar-1 into tNewSelChar
      select after character tNewSelChar of the selectedfield
      exit rawkeydown
    end if

  end if

  pass rawkeydown