Grrrrr, Wasted Two Hours! Is this a bug in RunRev???

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Sep 22 11:10:11 EDT 2005

Hi,

I've been trying to get the simplest of things to work for a good few
hours and eventually found the problem!

I was trying to set the rect of an Image Object and had code like this:

set the rect of me to myRect  (myRect = 132,22,222,90 for a
width/height of 90,68)

However the rectangle came with the wrong size and when I looked at
the object in the property inspector it told me the width was 250!

There is no Geometry on the image and the and the Limit Object
checkbox was off BUT it had a minimum width of 250!!!!! I had to
switch on the checkbox and then clear the min width field!

This was very weird, cos I could set the size to 90 in the Property
Inspector and it would work, just not from a script.

Is this the correct behavour?

Thanks a lot
All the Best
Dave