two questions: send and references

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue Sep 20 13:01:08 EDT 2005

Trevor-

Tuesday, September 20, 2005, 8:30:20 AM, you wrote:

> Try stuffing the values you want to send into variables and then do
> this:

> get the long id of field "xyz"
> send "hi it" to field "abc" of card "argh"

Thanks. Unfortunately, I need to pass two of these fully-qualified
identifiers at one pass. I'd need two separate "it" variables to do
this.

> What you have above will work.  The array is passed by reference all
> the way down the line. In both cases you are passing the array by
> reference.  I do this in libraries all of the time.

Thanks for the sanity check. It's the "send" and "call" functions that
are messing things up again. I'm not using the stuff2 handler directly
but trying to use a virtual pointer to it and the "send" function
isn't passing the arrays. I forgot about BZ #1240.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net