highlight and hide field from standalone

rev at armbase.com rev at armbase.com
Tue Sep 20 07:30:32 EDT 2005

Quoting Mark Smith <mark at maseurope.bulldogdsl.com>:

Hi Mark and everyone that helped with this.
I got it sorted using this script...Basically using the background colour.
I added another caveat that it only works when the mainstack is "armbase" So I
can change the mainstack name in the runtime and the fields cannot be eddited
:-).

on mouseup whichone
  global field2delete
  if the mainstack of this stack is "Armbase" then
  if the controlkey is down then
  if whichone = 3 then
    put the name of me into field2delete
    set the backgroundColor of fld field2delete to "red"
  end if
else exit to top
  end if
end mouseup

on deletekey
  global field2delete
  if the backgroundColor of field field2delete is "red" then
    hide fld field2delete
    end if
end deletekey

on escapekey
  global field2delete
  set the backgroundColor of fld field2delete to empty
end escapekey

Works perfectly, however, for other objects the bordercolour would be better.

Cheers
Bob