My first missing message: player Object

david bovill david at openpartnership.net
Sun Sep 18 19:48:44 EDT 2005

During the last 5 years I have never lacked a message in Revolution /
Metacard - perhaps this is my first or am I missing something (very
excited)....

on playStart
   set the displayed_Icon of group "Play Video" to "pause"
end playStart

I cannot think of a way around this (there must be?). I am trying to
make sure that the icon for playing a video is set correctly while
the user starts and stops the video.

I can use "playStop" and "playPause" messages but when the user
starts the video with the spacebar I am stuck? In fact I do not seem
to be able to trap for the spacebar key... on MacOSX

Looked at everything I can think of - but keydown etc does not work
for spacebar starting of players - so no work around i can think of?

on rawKeyDown
   answer the params
   pass rawKeyDown
end rawKeyDown

At the stack level does not even get a chance - seems like the Player
with the focus eats up the spacebar keydown!