Rev Dev WANTED!

simplsol at aol.com simplsol at aol.com
Thu Sep 15 10:52:17 EDT 2005

Jeff,
 If you find someone please let me know.
  We have been converting our HyperCard business system to Rev for over
three years! It has taken so long because Rev still doesn't do some of
the things we take for granted in HC. Reports is an example, Rev still
doesn't do reporting (among other problems, Quartam Reports won't
handle scrolling fields!) - HC and 9 to 5 Reports was a much better
combination. If your system is multi-user, there are another set of
"issues".
 Anyway, we're working on it.
  Incidentally our most popular business system is for rentals. In your
neighborhood it is used by All Valley in Granada Hills, A-Rental
Connection in Canoga Park, Agoura Rentals in Agoura and
Palmdale/Lancaster, A+ in North Hills, Jim's One Stop in Sunland, and
SCVRC in Saugus. We are in San Dimas. I just returned from New Jersey
where I spent a week with one of our customers, Magical Enterprises,
the largest bounce rental company on the East Coast. They have been
using our system for about ten years.
  You might consider joining the So Cal Rev Dev Con which meets
"semi-monthly" - ususally at 4th World in downtown LA. You could meet
Richard Gaskin our host and programmer extraordinare, as well as many
of the local Rev Gurus, and Ken Ray regularly flies in from Wisconsin.
Let me know if you are interested, I believe I could prevail on Mr.
Gaskin to invite you.
 Sincerely,
 Paul Looney
  PS Don't panic at the prospect of a three year conversion. Our system
consists of 43 interactive stacks, over 100 reports, and 11 plugins. It
is multi-user and very powerful - the orders stack alone has over 150
fields and over 150 buttons. We have found that simple conversions can
be done quite simply.
  If you wish to chat about things HyperCard, give me a call
951-545-8885