slooooowww typing in fields

Marielle Lange rp011s7075 at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Sep 13 05:09:11 EDT 2005

Hi Tim,

> Sometimes it works okay. At other times, there's a short delay from
> keyboard to screen. Sometimes the delay gets longer and longer,
> until the thing is just useless. <snip>  Quitting and restarting
> Rev usually helps. Whether I'm inserting text into the middle of a
> paragraph versus typing at the end of the field seems to make a
> difference.

Similar behaviour here (ibook g4). When this happens, I save, close
revolution and restart. This usually does the trick.

> Bg and stack scripts are one giant scrolling field, it appears. The
> same thing happens sometimes, but not always, when working in a bg
> or stack script with lots of handlers, lots of text.

Yep, that happens too.

Note you can always check how busy your computer is processing
applications (that is the %CPU) using the "top" command in the unix
terminal. Even when not in use, Revolution takes a large amount of
CPU. (in contrast with most applications, which go back to zero or
about when in the background).

Marielle