Problems with streaming audio

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Sep 12 16:03:13 EDT 2005

On Sep 12, 2005, at 12:22 PM, Mark Talluto wrote:
> I just tested using playRate and it works well.  I could not
> replicate the problems with players that are created and set to
> play automatically.  Thanks for the tip!  I will update Bugzilla
> with this info.
>
> If you have a player with the controller visible, and the player is
> not started with the playRate command, then the problem returns.  I
> supposed a frontscript could catch the clicking of the mouseUp on
> the controller's play button.  I tied putting a mouseUp in the
> player itself.  If you click on the movie portion, it works.  If
> you click on the player button in the controller, it gives an error
> of:  5401 Bad State.
>
> This is a viable workaround for now though.  Thanks!

Hmm, that is unfortunate.  It surprises me that using the QT controls
breaks this.  Anyway, I added message for streaming status to
EnhancedQT.  A player object can now receive the QTStatusMsg message
whenever a movie updates the streaming status.  You could roll your
own controls with feedback this way.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia