Problems with streaming audio

Howard Bornstein howard.bornstein at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 10:22:44 EDT 2005

On 9/11/05, Trevor DeVore <lists at mangomultimedia.com> wrote:

> Set the playRate to 1 rather than using <start player>.  I'm not sure
> what <start player> is doing under the hood but it has problems with
> streaming movies.  By setting the playRate you are directly accessing
> a QuickTime property and everything works as it is supposed to.

When I set the playrate to 1, I get the error message "-5401:Bad
State". If I quit the stack and reload it, the first time I use
playrate it works. If I stop the stream and start it again with
playrate, I get the same error message again. Any idea about this?

> There isn't a way to get this information about a movie in Revolution
> right now.  Something like this could be added to the EnhancedQT
> external though.  It is just a matter of adding a couple of
> additional if statements to a function that already exists.  I think
> that adding this would actually solve issues 2 and 3.  I just browsed
> the docs and it seams that there is a status string that tells you
> the streaming status and also one that reports errors.  Perhaps an
> error is reported when the streaming server goes down.

Please Please Please! <grin>

Thanks for your help!

--
Regards,