RunRev & PDAs

rev at armbase.com rev at armbase.com
Mon Sep 12 04:29:17 EDT 2005

Quoting Alex Shaw <alex at harryscollar.com>:

> hi
>
> Would love to see a pocketpc version of rev..

As I said... I think this would be perfect

> I've owned a pocketpc (xda iis) for a while and only really developed
> flash stuff for it (talking thru wifi to a rev server) and the
> platform has so much potential yet there are few development
> frameworks around (for pocketpc) which match our beloved rev.

There are only two and they costs a bomb but are not as powerfull.
Visual CE is
one and the other I cant remember off hand but it is $900.

One application I urge people to try is CASL www.caslsoft.com

It was maintained as a semi-commercial app by some top developers,
however, they
released it for free recently. The IDE is  now being bought by some of
the more
prominent developers on the platform, however, (and I have no
affiliation) they
could do with a few mjore users.

> I know it's still a microsoft system but at least it's future is not
> as uncertain as palm.

Well 2 days ago palmos was bought by access so the future looks bright.
I think
the palm hardware compant will move to linux to be honest, although I would
have though thewy could have used the lightning fast BeOS that they own.

> btw. anyone got a linux-based pda? what are they like?
>
> ps. where can i put a vote down for a rev/pocketpc engine? :)

Me tooooo. :-)

Cheers
Bob