No volumes in Linux?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Sep 8 14:58:47 EDT 2005

On 9/8/05 1:14 PM, "Bob Warren" <warren at howsoft.com> wrote:

> Your suggestion of "sfdisk -s" to list the mounted volumes on my Ubuntu
> Linux machine works exactly as predicted when it is entered through the
> terminal, i.e. almost exactly:
>
>    /dev/hda: 12345678
>    /dev/hdb: 45678901
>    total:  92929292
>
> However, doing this through the RR Shell proved to be problematic on account
> of the root permission required, as you correctly anticipated. The problem
> in Ubuntu is that there is no normal way of "logging on" with root
> priveleges. When the normal user calls the (root) terminal, he has to type
> in the root password, and it was this part that I could not successfully
> incorporate into the RR Shell.

Bob, here's how I do it with OSX's shell; perhaps this will work with Linux
as well (in this case I'm executing a 'kill' on a process with sudo):

    put "#!/bin/sh" & cr into tScript
    put "pw="&tPassword & cr into tScript
    put "echo $pw | sudo -S kill -9" && tProcessID & cr after tScript
    get shell(tScript)

HTH,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software