No volumes in Linux?

Bob Warren warren at howsoft.com
Wed Sep 7 16:34:11 EDT 2005

No, you're right Alex, they're probably better termed "top-level
directories" as you suggest. Being a newbie in Linux (after only Windows
experience) is still a bit confusing at the moment! As far as I know, the
main logical partitions of the HD on my Linux machine are "primary" and
"swap". Nevertheless, I would be happier getting something out of the
"volumes" request rather than nothing at all. Rebol seem to have taken the
same view, but I acknowledge that the list of "top-level directories" does
not exactly correspond to the description "volumes", and might be
misleading.

Since you obviously have much more experience than I regarding this subject,
you might be able to give me a tip or two. For example, let's suppose I have
2 HDs on my computer, and for the sake of argument I have separate distros
of Linux installed on each of them with a dual boot on my PC. And say I am
running RR under the Linux on my first HD. How should I (or indeed can I)
access data on the 2nd HD?

If you could clear the fog a little, I'd be grateful. Thanks.

Bob