Choppy video?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue Sep 6 22:26:50 EDT 2005

On Sep 6, 2005, at 6:15 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:

> ...Note that you can also import video into a stack as a videoClip.

Another note.  VideoClip objects seem to be a weird hybrid.  The
VideoClip object uses a player to display it's video.  So if
QuickTime is installed then it will play videos and audio files that
QuickTime supports (at least in my tests).  It seems to have problems
with SWF files and some other formats that a player object would open
however.

You also get very limited playback control with a VideoClip.  You can
show the controller but if the video reaches the end of the movie
then the VideoClip object disappears (which is intended behavior).
If you really want to embed your video inside of your stack then a
VideoClip object is the way to go.  Besides that, I haven't thought
of any reasons why you would want to use a VideoClip object rather
than a player object.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia