How to debug a standalone?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Sep 5 20:31:30 EDT 2005

Mark Swindell wrote:
> So everything works right in a stack, but in the standalone there are
> major problems.  How do you debug a standalone to find out what is going
> awry?

Sarah Reichelt suggested something that I really like. From her list
post a while back:

<http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2005-March/053349.html>

she said:

> When building the standalone, turn on the bug reporting and set it
> to send an email on error. When an error occurs, it will throw up a
> dialog asking if you want to send an error report. Click yes and then
> read the error in the email that is created - you don't actually have
> to send it.

This is very cool, I've used it. If the problem in your standalone
doesn't generate an error though, you'll have to use one of the other
methods, like logging to a text file or putting up a bunch of answer
dialogs that report the status of various things.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com