Web integration - round trip and point 5?

Phil Davis davis.phil at comcast.net
Fri Sep 2 13:42:12 EDT 2005

David -

I see that you're not suggesting that stacks be directly downloaded
within the Rev environment (as opposed to altBrowser + web page). Is
there a reason you don't want to do that? Seems like it could make life
easier for users by requiring fewer steps to get what they want.

Certainly if a user doesn't have a player, they'll need to download
that. But if you provided a standalone instead that simply knows where
to look on a server for new stacks, it seems to me that could be better.
It keeps to a minimum the user knowledge required for success. (It could
work sort of like the GoRevNet plugin, only it would be a standalone.)

Two cents please...

Thanks -
Phil Davis