classic file paths

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Fri Sep 2 00:42:26 EDT 2005

At 3:03 AM -0400 9/1/2005, Jeffrey Reynolds wrote:
>I guess its a bit moot since i will be having an osx version, so
>wont have to have an macos running under classic, but I would like
>to know the file path structure is for my own edification.

There's some variation between OS X and Classic, but the easiest way
to explore this is to put this in the message box:

   answer file "What file?";answer it

This lets you pick a file, then shows you what the path to the file
looks like. Helpful when debugging, or just to generally investigate
what different file paths look like.
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ revolution at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com